Articles in this section

What do I need to submit in my tax form from my Nomad investment account?

When you invest abroad and have fiscal residency exclusively in Brazil, you must declare your investments only in the Brazilian Income Tax.

There are 3 tax filings for individuals who invest abroad:

  1. For everyone: Annual Income Tax Return;
  2. For those who sold assets above R$ 35 thousand within the same month: Capital Gain Report (GCAP);
  3. For those who received dividends (optional): filling out the "Carnê Leão" is optional for receiving dividends in the USA because there is a 30% withholding tax (higher than the maximum rate in Brazil of 27.5%).


Was this article helpful?
2 out of 5 found this helpful