Articles in this section

I have more than US$1 million invested abroad. Is there any other filing I have to be aware of?

In addition to filing the DIRPF, the regulations of the Brazilian Central Bank (BACEN) state that individuals residing and corporations operating in Brazil must report the assets or rights of:

  1. A total amount equal to or greater than US$ 1 million (or equivalent in other currencies) annually (considering the reference date of December 31 of each year); or
  2. A total amount equal to or greater than 100 million US dollars (or equivalent in other currencies), every four months (considering the reference dates of March 31, June 30, and September 30).

You will use the "Declaração de Capitais Brasileiros no Exterior" (DCBE) form to submit this information.


Was this article helpful?
4 out of 4 found this helpful